This story about the Bell Telephone Laboratories picturephone appeared in the August 24, 1956 Hutchinson News-Herald (Hutchinson, KS). The entire article appears below.
Who's calling will be no secret, with help of Picture-Phone demonstrated at electronics convention by Bell Telephone Laboratories. Man using phone sees caller on picture tube, and is photographed himself by TV lens just above it.
Previously on Paleo-Future:
- Television-Phone Unveiled (1955)
- Governor Knight and the Videophone (1955)
- Tomorrow's TV-Phone (1956)
- House of the Future (1956)
- Closer Than We Think! Push-Button Staff Room (1959)
- Discovering the Videophone (1970)